Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dads Get All the Glory

I've been meaning to put a link up to this Newsweek article for a few days now...

The author, Tina Elmore, writes about her reaction to seeing that her daughter selecting good ol' Dad as her 'role model' for a school project.

I'm not surprised when I see Pearl's face light up when Lou (her Dad) walks in the room... He's the fun guy, the one who throws balls in the air and bounces them off his head just to make her laugh. And me? I'm the 'caretaker.' The one who's always cleaning her up, getting her food ready, handling baby-proofing, and just generally doing all the boring stuff. Basically, she sucks her thumb and whines around me and belly laughs around Lou - I guess that's just the way it goes.

It's worth a read - Click here to check it out.

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment